Your Voice in Washington
AED’s Government Affairs Program
- Works to strengthen markets and improve business conditions for equipment distributors.
- Advocates for equipment distributors on Capitol Hill and before federal regulatory agencies.
- Keeps AED members informed about important policy and legal developments in the nation’s capital.
- Creates opportunities for distributors to get personally involved in the policy process.
- Manages AED’s Political Action Committee (AED PAC).
- Prepares legal guidance materials for the equipment industry on dealer-manufacturer contracts and state dealer protection laws.
AED lobbies Congress and federal officials to . . .
- Balance the Budget and Reduce the National Debt
- Chart a Fiscally Responsible Course for Transportation Investments
- Protect the Rights of Employers and Employees
- Protect LIFO
- Support North American Energy Production
- Restore Simplicity and Certainty to the Tax Code
- Ensure Access to Clean Water by Improving the Nation¹s Water Infrastructure
AED’s Government Affairs Program is . . .
- A Washington office staffed by attorneys with years of political and equipment industry experience.
- AED PAC, a special account supported by personal contributions from AED members that helps elect congressional candidates who share distributors’ policy objectives.
- ImPACt local group fundraiser program, through which AED PAC encourages distributors to support and build relationships with their senators and representatives.
- AED’s Washington Fly-In, a two-day annual meeting that provides distributors with an opportunity to interface personally with national leaders.
- Active and involved AED members!
- The Advocacy Action Group, a group of leading AED members working to advance the equipment industry’s policy agenda by strengthening relationships between distributors and lawmakers.