AEDF Certification Programs
Sharpen your craft by taking an advanced course in the area you specialize in, learn the inner workings of a department you’re not familiar with, or start training for the job you want in your dealership.
The AED Foundation offers a multitude of beneficial programs for your dealership’s managers and technicians to take full advantage of. Utilize both the Certified Manager Program and the Certified Technician Program to better your dealership for today and the future. Read below to find more information on AEDF initiatives!
THE AED FOUNDATION’S CERTIFIED MANAGER PROGRAMS
The AED Foundation (AEDF) offers continuing education programs to enhance the skills of your dealership’s most important asset—its employees. Employees both new and seasoned can enroll in self-study courses to develop their knowledge on specialized topics. Courses can be taken a la carte or as part of AEDF’s Certified Manager Program (CMP). CMPs are offered for parts, service, rental, sales, and branch management. Essential courses, including financial management, people management and sales/customer service management, are featured in all CMPs, with remaining courses in each program’s area of focus rounding out the coursework.
- Sales/Customer Service 101, Financial Management 101/102, People Management 101/102/103, Parts Management 101/201, Diversity and Sensitivity 101
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $75,000
- Sales/Customer Service 101, Financial Man 101/102, People Management 101/102/103, Service Management 101/201, Diversity and Sensitivity 101
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $85,000
- Sales/Customer Service 101, Financial Management 101/102, People Management 101/102/103, Sales Leadership 101/201, Diversity and Sensitivity 101
- Salary Range: $80,000 – $160,000
- Sales/Customer Service 101, Financial Management 101/102, People Management 101/102/103, Parts Management 101, Service Management 101, Rental Management 101, Diversity and Sensitivity 101
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $145,000
- Sales/Customer Service 101, Financial Management 101/102, People Management 101/102/103, Rental Management 101/201/301, Diversity and Sensitivity 101
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $85,000
The AED Foundation’s Certified Technician Program
The AED Foundation’s Certified Technician Program is the first of its kind for the construction equipment industry. The program offers dealers the opportunity to measure the expertise of their technicians, as well as market that knowledge to their customers. We know that well-qualified and committed technicians add profitability and customer satisfaction to your dealership.
The AED Foundation’s Certified Technician Program allows technicians to earn a professional industry certification by successfully passing an online technical assessment.
The Benefits of Becoming AED Foundation Certified:
- Technicians can show their professional commitment.
- Recognition can be earned for both your technicians and your dealership.
- Certification demonstrates that your technicians’ skills fully align with The AED Foundation’s industry-developed technical standards.
- Dealers can reward their technicians’ continuous improvement and high performance.
- Dealers show their interest and invest in their technicians’ career development.
Applicants are notified immediately upon certification assessment completion whether they passed or not. Those passing and earning certification will receive their credential materials, certificate and wallet card within three to four weeks. Certified technicians also may purchase a kit that includes a wooden certificate frame, logo hat, lapel pin, two uniform patches, and toolbox decals.
Technicians become certified after successfully passing The AED Foundation technical assessment. Are you ready to find out if your technicians make the grade?
How can your company benefit from certifying your technicians?
Compare your technicians’ results to those of others in the industry.
Focus on technicians’ continuous improvement.
SAVE MONEY & TIME
Avoid hiring a technician that doesn’t have the technical knowledge to meet your customers’ needs.
REWARD & RETAIN
Demonstrate that you value your technicians’ contribution to dealer success.
Let your technician show off their achievement! When your technician becomes an AED Foundation Certified Technician, make sure to purchase a kit to show off and promote their knowledge to your customers! Kits include a lapel pin, logo hat, uniform patch and certificate frame.
Price per technician is $100.