What AED Has to Offer
Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) serves as a valuable resource for machinery dealers around the globe. We’re dedicated to supporting the heavy equipment market by helping businesses make connections and stay up to date on the latest industry news.
At AED, we offer a variety of services and business development opportunities to our association members at a reduced rate:
- Professional development: Take advantage of tools such as webinars, seminars, certification tests and self-study programs to enhance your skills, as well as those of your employees. Many of these resources are available online for your convenience.
- The AED Foundation: Established in 1991 and directed by our members, our foundation addresses workforce development and professional education in the equipment distribution industry.
- Research and analysis: As a national association for equipment dealers, we have experience conducting trusted research and analysis. Use our informative research and reports, resource guides, magazines and other publications to keep abreast of industry news and trends that impact your business.
- Events: Attending our events such as the annual AED Summit enables you to meet and interact with dealer owners and managers to discuss equipment purchasing opportunities that will boost your company’s revenues and bolster the bottom line. We also host symposiums, conferences and other events throughout the year for our associated distributors.
- Advocacy: AED serves as the voice of North American equipment distributors in Washington, D.C. and Ottawa. We advocate on behalf of all our members to affect legislative change that benefits machine manufacturing companies and equipment dealers across the nation.
- Public relations: We promote knowledge, understanding and enhancement of the continually evolving role of heavy equipment suppliers in the rapidly changing marketplace.
Becoming an AED member and utilizing these services will save time and provide a more enriching and rewarding experience than attempting to access them separately. The unmatched quality of the education and information you’ll receive will benefit you and your organization for years to come.Join AED
Manage your Business With These Special Programs and Services
Recent CED IssuesView all Issues
News and Events
AED’s Promise to our Members
The world is facing unprecedented times, but your association is here for you. With the rapid spread of COVID-19, we are...Read More
Virtual Town Hall: Answering Your Questions About FFCRA & The CARES Act
As a follow up to our recent webinars on the FFCRA & the CARES Act, AED is ...read more
2020 Resource Guide
A complete guide to enhance your membership experience by identifying all services and products available to you and your employees through AEDread more
The Equipment Industry Technician Shortage
The Equipment Industry Technician Shortage: Reassessing Causes, Impacts and Policy Recommendations research ...read more
Look Back At 100 Years Of AED!AED History
“AED has done a really good job of creating opportunities for the next generation of family businesses. It has taught younger members of management to grow and learn, and to become more effective and valuable members of the management team.”
“AED provides professional development opportunities where they might not exist.”
“AED’s management training and certifications programs have been especially helpful. By providing a proven platform, AED has taken away most of the heavy lifting for distributors, who would otherwise have to go out and investigate other training alternatives.”
“One of the things that is a core strength of AED is that there is a really strong sense of community among the members.”