What AED Has to Offer
Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) serves as a valuable resource for machinery dealers around the globe. We’re dedicated to supporting the heavy equipment market by helping businesses make connections and stay up to date on the latest industry news.
At AED, we offer a variety of services and business development opportunities to our association members at a reduced rate:
- Professional development: Take advantage of tools such as webinars, seminars, certification tests and self-study programs to enhance your skills, as well as those of your employees. Many of these resources are available online for your convenience.
- The AED Foundation: Established in 1991 and directed by our members, our foundation addresses workforce development and professional education in the equipment distribution industry.
- Research and analysis: As a national association for equipment dealers, we have experience conducting trusted research and analysis. Use our informative research and reports, resource guides, magazines and other publications to keep abreast of industry news and trends that impact your business.
- Events: Attending our events such as the annual AED Summit enables you to meet and interact with dealer owners and managers to discuss equipment purchasing opportunities that will boost your company’s revenues and bolster the bottom line. We also host symposiums, conferences and other events throughout the year for our associated distributors.
- Advocacy: AED serves as the voice of North American equipment distributors in Washington, D.C. and Ottawa. We advocate on behalf of all our members to affect legislative change that benefits machine manufacturing companies and equipment dealers across the nation.
- Public relations: We promote knowledge, understanding and enhancement of the continually evolving role of heavy equipment suppliers in the rapidly changing marketplace.
Becoming an AED member and utilizing these services will save time and provide a more enriching and rewarding experience than attempting to access them separately. The unmatched quality of the education and information you’ll receive will benefit you and your organization for years to come.Join AED
Manage your Business With These Special Programs and Services
Recent AED Magazine IssuesRead Current Issue
News and Events
Look Back At 100 Years Of AED!AED History
4Rivers first became involved with AED as we were looking at preparing our future management teams. We realized the manufacturer had a definite gap when it came to soft skills and leadership training. The products offered by AED filled that gap perfectly. We took advantage of the department manager’s certification programs as well as the Leadership development institute for our new and upcoming leaders. Our senior manager’s stay informed of industry changes by attending the financial and HR symposium, Executive Conclave, and webinars. I also feel AED can make a difference on regulatory issues when we all attend the policy conference and advocacy day in Washington, DC.
Overall, our AED involvement has made us become a much better dealer, employer, and advocate for our industry.
“AED has done a really good job of creating opportunities for the next generation of family businesses. It has taught younger members of management to grow and learn, and to become more effective and valuable members of the management team.”
“AED provides professional development opportunities where they might not exist.”
“AED’s management training and certifications programs have been especially helpful. By providing a proven platform, AED has taken away most of the heavy lifting for distributors, who would otherwise have to go out and investigate other training alternatives.”
“One of the things that is a core strength of AED is that there is a really strong sense of community among the members.”