The U.S. agriculture industry contributes more than a trillion dollars to the nation’s annual gross domestic product. Although the industry is essential to the economic health and viability of the United States, Canada and other countries around the world, it is experiencing significant challenges in areas such as resource depletion, food waste and land management, as well as demographic and political changes.
These days, companies that produce and distribute agricultural equipment need a staunch advocate to protect and promote their interests. Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) is an international trade association that has been representing agriculture distribution equipment companies like yours for more than a century. We offer a host of high-quality products, services and information resources that enhance the ongoing profitability and success of our members as they pursue greater market share.
Why Should You Become an
Joining AED gives you access to information, educational resources and other tools all in one place. You’ll also receive the support you need to remain viable and profitable in today’s highly competitive agriculture equipment market. Most of all, you’ll have a staunch advocate in your corner that is looking out for the best interests of your company and the industry.Join aed today
Membership Benefits for theAgriculture Industry
Benefits of becoming an AED member include:
- Public policy and advocacy: Agricultural operations are now facing a wide range of political issues such as immigration reform, food safety and foreign trade agreements. These areas all directly or indirectly impact the sale and rental of equipment. By serving as the voice of farm equipment distributors in Washington, D.C. and Ottawa, AED helps to implement legislative changes that will have a positive effect on the future of your business.
- Education and professional development: We offer an assortment of webinars, seminars, self-study courses, certification tests and management certification programs designed to help managers and employers improve their skills and achieve their career objectives.
- Information resources: AED members have access to reports and publications that will boost their industry knowledge and keep them abreast of recent developments. Get useful agriculture equipment forecasts, information regarding market trends and much more.
- Events: Attending our special events such as the AED Summit will provide excellent networking opportunities where you can engage with other companies in the agricultural machinery market. You can also get a glimpse of some of the latest equipment offerings and hear from leading subject matter experts.
- The AED Foundation: Our foundation specifically addresses workforce development and professional education as they relate to the agriculture equipment distribution industry. The Foundation also oversees the accreditation of our diesel equipment technology college programs, as well as recognized high school programs.
- Groups: Our members can join groups such as our AED 20 Group that gathers periodically to share ideas and discuss best practices. You’ll also have access to benchmarking tools that can enhance your business’s performance and profitability.