It used to be that when you talked about the mining industry in the United States and Canada, coal was usually the main topic of conversation. However, the combination of a variety of economic factors and the increasing demand for alternative materials (copper, for example) are impacting the coal mining industry. As a mining equipment distributor, you may already be experiencing a change in the types of mining products your customers are demanding.
Situations such as this are just one of the many reasons to consider joining a mining equipment association like Associated Equipment Distributors (AED). Since 1919, our organization has been advocating for the rights of mining equipment suppliers, manufacturers and the companies that serve them. We also provide a variety of services and business development opportunities for our members at reduced rates.
Why You Should Become an AED Member
When you become a member of our association, you’ll join forces with more than 500 equipment distributors, manufacturers and service providers who share a common vision of success for our industry. You’ll benefit from strength in numbers, as well as the quality of the products and services we offer.
AED Membership Benefits for theMining Industry
AED membership offers several benefits for companies in the global mining equipment market:
- Advocacy: AED is the equipment industry’s leading advocate in both the United States and Canada. With a full-time presence in both Washington, D.C., and Ottawa, the association works with key policymakers, lawmakers and allied organizations to ensure AED’s pro-growth agenda receives full consideration and AED members have access to the most influential officials in both countries.
- Research and information: Our industry research reports serve as valuable analytical tools that provide actionable information to guide your decision-making and strategic planning processes.
- Education and career development: Take advantage of our multitude of educational tools and resources such as webinars, seminars and self-study courses to increase your knowledge and develop your skills. Certified Manager programs are available to enable current and aspiring managers to demonstrate their commitment to superior performance in the workplace.
- Events: Live events such as the AED Summit enable you to network in person with peers and establish valuable contacts that can benefit your organization now and in the future. You’ll also have a chance to learn about what’s new in the mining equipment market.
- Public relations: We actively promote understanding and knowledge of the role mining equipment distributors play in the facilitation of efficient and effective practices in mining and the other industries we serve.
- The AED Foundation: The mission of our foundation is to find solutions for the shortage of qualified workers in the equipment distribution industry. We strive to achieve this by addressing workforce development and professional education.