An increasing number of companies in industries such as construction, mining, agriculture, power generation and forestry are making renting equipment a regular part of their operating processes. Renting offers a variety of benefits such as reduced maintenance and repair costs, the flexibility to add to a fleet quickly to meet increased demand and the ability to match machines with specific job site applications.
If you operate an equipment rental company, it helps to have an advocate that understands your needs. Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) is an international trade association that’s been representing the equipment distribution industry since 1919. We exist to enhance the success and profitability of our membership, which consists of equipment suppliers, manufacturers and service companies. We accomplish this by providing access to high-quality services, products and information geared towards the equipment market.
Why Should You Become an AED Member?
When you join AED, you’ll have access to many of our products, services, courses and publications at a reduced rate. The quality of our programs and materials is unmatched in our industry. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of having all these resources in one place.Join aed today
Membership Benefits for the Equipment Rental Industry
As an AED member, you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits that will help to improve your standing in the construction equipment rental market:
- Advocacy: AED is the equipment industry’s leading advocate in both the United States and Canada. With a full-time presence in both Washington, D.C., and Ottawa, the association works with key policymakers, lawmakers and allied organizations to ensure AED’s pro-growth agenda receives full consideration and AED members have access to the most influential officials in both countries.
- Education: Knowledge is power in any industry, including equipment rentals. AED offers a host of educational programs and resources such as webinars, seminars, self-study courses and certification tests that will help you, your management team and your employees reach your career and performance objectives.
- Research and reports: Get access to industry-specific research and reports that will impact the current and future success of your business. You’ll receive information that can assist in developing an accurate equipment rental forecast via the analysis of historical trends and current situations.
- Publications: Publications like CED Magazine provide an in-depth analysis of pertinent topics in the construction equipment market that may impact your business. Sample topics include technology trends, product and service development, marketing and strategic planning, to name a few.
- Events: We offer two seminars dedicated to the rental industry, one on basic rental fundamentals and one for more advanced rental companies. This allows us to help attendees who are new to the rental industry and attendees who have multiple years of experience in the rental industry.
- The AED Foundation: Established in 1991, The AED Foundation creates pathways to opportunity by addressing workforce development and professional education.