Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Washington Fly-In
April 20, 2020
AED’s Washington Fly-In is the U.S. equipment industry’s premiere public policy event. In 2020, it will take place on June 16-18 at the Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill. Here why you’ll want to attend the Washington Fly-In:
- Political Intelligence. For better or for worse, what happens in Washington, D.C., directly impacts your bottomline and cost-of-doing business. You’ll learn firsthand what (or what not) to expect from the federal government, as it relates to the issues that matter to your company.
- Access to Key Policymakers. During the AED Washington Fly-In, you’ll hear directly from the most powerful and influential members of the House and Senate, and senior administration officials.
- Advocate for Your Company and Industry. The owners and executives from equipment dealership are the best advocates to advance the equipment industry’s policy agenda.
- There’s Too Much at Stake. From infrastructure funding to tax provisions to workforce development policy, your voice helps positive policy outcomes for the industry. There’s too much at stake not to engage in the legislative process.
- If You’re Not at the Table, You’re on the Menu. If you’re not in Washington advocating for the industry’s policy priorities, it’s certain there’s someone else attempting to divert infrastructure funding or raise your taxes to pay for their favored programs.
- It’s Easy. All you do is show up—AED will get you up to speed on the policy issues, you’ll be briefed on the ins and outs of participating in meetings with your representatives and senators and we’ll schedule your Capitol Hill meetings for you.
- Networking. AED’s Washington Fly-In attracts high-level thought leaders within the equipment distribution industry. You’ll have the opportunity to network with these individuals and pick their brain as to how they’re dealing with issues impacting the industry.
- It’s Fun. The AED Washington Fly-In is certainly one of the more engaging AED events, as you’re not sitting in a hotel ballroom for days at a time. However, don’t let the exciting agenda deter you from attending. There is plenty of time set aside for fun and exploring the nation’s capital.
- The Beauty of D.C. If you haven’t been to Washington, D.C., in a while you’re missing out. D.C. has undergone a renaissance in the past decade, becoming one of the nation’s top culinary and craft cocktail destinations to pair with unbeatable history and culture.
- You Won’t Regret It. Attendees for the AED Washington Fly-In attend year-after-year. Once you dip your toe in the water there’s no doubt you’ll be hooked. You may even catch Potomac Fever!
Leave a Reply